I have the privilege to have been invited to teach the first Sonic Mixology Class at the Farm to Table International Conference in New Orleans on August 9 following which I will deliver my presentation on The Pharmacology Of Flavor and demonstrate the Cocktail Matrix program that has been in development for the past year. It is going to be an exciting time in NOLA. Here is the class program:
Bending the Spoon: Mastering the Art and Science of Sonic Mixology
Sonic Mixology is a revolutionary new technique that will help bartenders, mixologists and chefs develop improved flavor profiles in less time than traditional methods. Utilizing the principles of sonochemistry, quantum fluid mechanics and pharmacology, you will learn in this hands-on course
1. How to use a Turbo Sonic Mixer to enhance and stabilize the volatile aromatics in alcohols and juices.
2. How to extend the shelf life of juices by 72 hours, decreasing your labor costs and making every drop drinkable.
3. How to make sherries, fortified wines and spirits shelf stable for 1 year without the need for expensive gases, equipement or vacuums.
4. Enhance the finish of alcohols resulting in improved flavor and texture, giving the smoothness and mouth-feel of long term bottle or barrel aging.
5. Create nanoparticles in any alcohol which prevents oxidative damage by putting alcohols into suspended animation which extends shelf life.
6. Create blended cocktails that taste like bottle aged in just minutes and retain flavor over extended time.
7. Create custom infusions and extractions of flavors in minutes – instead of days or weeks.
8. Enable the custom production of consistent signature cocktail ingredients and bitters, maximizing quality assurance.
9. Blend fats into alcohol without the need for refrigeration.